Stories are gathered and shared by journalists and video producers around the country. So what’s different about Stories for Health?
- Passion Our work is driven by a passionate commitment to person-centred care, health quality improvement and positive patient experience. That means when it comes to health, we’re spot-on in tone, values and language.
- Skill Combining ethnography, journalism and active listening, we have extensive experience in interviewing people from all walks of life, including people who are unwell or have cognitive or other impairments.
- Empathy Agreeing to be interviewed can take courage, and for us it is a privilege to hear people’s stories. We develop a strong rapport, gently helping people to open up and explore what matters most to them. Our interviews respect people’s individuality and dignity.
- Experience We have been working with leading health and social care organisations for almost 20 years. We understand the context you work in and the challenges you face.
- Value We’re a lean operation, not a large agency. That means more of what you pay goes towards your stories, not our overheads.
Stories for Health is the work of health communications consultant Eleanor Stanley, with collaboration from other freelance creatives in the field.
Find out more about Eleanor and her work at eleanorstanley.co.uk
Eleanor wrote the copy for our comprehensive prematurity book Having a Premature Baby and interviewed women who had experiences with premature birth to get quotes for it. She was fantastic to work with and the book has had excellent feedback from users to date.
Deirdre de Barra, Website and Publishing Manager, Tommy’s